Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our trip to the Zoo

So my friend Whitney called me and asked me if I wanted to come meet her at the Zoo today. Sure I said. The weather is finally starting to get nicer and that would be a really fun way to spend the day with my kiddos. What the heck was I thinking taking all three kids out by myself?! It all started out great and we started heading out to see the animals. I had both boys in the stroller and Adriana was walking next to me. Then Adriana started complaining that her feet were hurting so I took Andrew out of the stroller and let her sit down. What? Take Andrew out of the stroller to let him run free? Thats exactly what he did too, run free. He was trying to climb over the fences and get to the animals (crazy boy). So I decided to carry Joey and put Andrew back in the stroller. Now I don't know if you've ever tried to push a double stroller with two kids in it and try to carry another one but it just doens't work. So I had Adriana get back out and put Joey back in. Well now Joey is starting to get fussy because he is tired but doesn't want to miss anything by going to sleep. He finally goes to sleep though so we continue on down to see the penquins. We go into the building, which I might add is very cold. That of course wakes Joey back up. He is doing good though and just looking around. We leave the penquin house and continue our quest to see the giraffs. Adriana starts complaining that her feet hurt again so out comes Joey (I've learned not to let Andrew out) and I'm trying to push this heavy stroller up the hill to the giraffes. Whitney starts laughing at me trying to do this and switches strollers with me. Now Joey starts fussing again and we finally make it to the Giraffes. Both kids get out of the stroller to see the animals and I put Joey back in. Then Whitney and Kelly start yelling that Andrew is running away. I start to walk after him and see him stop so I head towards him. Now I see him almost over the fence to whatever animal was in there and had to run and grab him down. I get back to the stroller and now Joey is screaming and won't calm down so that ended my fun filled day at the Zoo. I have to put a reminder into myself not to ever go by myself again. I did get a few pictures in of the kids.




Adriana and Andrew looking in at the fish at the hippo area. Unfortunately none of the hippos were in there.









A picture of the three kids. Adriana and Andrew were arguing over who gets to hold Joey.








A picture of one of my favorite animals. I think they said this was actually one of the babies, not sure which one. It didn't look like much of a baby to me :)


A picture of Andrew smelling a flower that I asked him not to pick. Andrew and directions don't go very well together.

No comments: