I really hadn't had any plans to go anywhere near downtown, but feeling the need to keep the kids out of the house for the day while Chris was resting, I decided to call my mom and tell her we would meet her downtown at her work and spend the day with her.
So I gathered all my things together and got the kids ready and headed downtown. We decided to take the Metrolink since I really wasn't sure how driving would be down there or how the parking would be. So we met my Maw Maw at the Metrostop right in front of her office building just in time for the parade to begin. We walked over to where the parade was and realized with the big crowds there we would never be able to see the parade. So we headed up to her office which gave us a perfect view of the parade. Well without being up close on the parade or getting candy thrown at us, the kids quickly lost interest in the parade. So we headed down and did get to see a quick glance of Pujols as he went by but I never got a good enough view to get a picture. Then we decided to get lunch while everyone was still busy with the parade. So we ate at TGI Fridays downtown.
Here is a picture of Maw Maw, Adriana, and Andrew at the restaurant.
Then we headed out to see all the activities going on. Along the way we found a spot where they were doing face painting so of course Maw Maw had to let the kids get some painting done.Adriana chose a pink heart on her cheek.
And Andrew chose a bluejay on his arm (I know, I know......what about a cardinal, but hey I didn't pick it!)

Here was a giant picture of Pujols on one of the buildings:
Then we managed to make our way over to the ball fields. They had lots of activities for the kids to do. Here is the kids playing tball:

We continued walking around for awhile indulging in all the fatty but yummy foods along the way. Then our last stop was at City Place. I have a whole separate post for that since we spent a good amount of time there. Then we decided we better get going home since the President would be coming downtown soon.
On our way home highway 70 eastbound was already closed down but they were still letting westbound go. Then they started.......about 25 police cars heading down the highway.......then there it was, the President's cars!!!! The kids were so excited to see it. I was going to try to pull over and get a picture of it, but the mass suv's with all the guns hanging out of the windows changed my mind pretty fast. So we just watched as we drove slowly down the highway. It was really neat to be able to let the kids see that!








No comments:
Post a Comment