So here are a few pictures of her on her first day of school.


Here she is holding a sign the school made for her on the day before she started school and put it in our front yard.
Here she is in her classroom.
Here she is as I was telling her goodbye!
She was so excited to start school and went right in to the classroom without any problems. I actually did better than I thought I would and didn't cry, but I did tear up a little. She only had a half day and it was the longest half day of my life! I finally got to go pick her up and she couldn't wait to tell me all about how much fun she had. On Thursday she had her first full day and was so excited to be able to eat her lunch at school. I walked her in one more day to make sure she was alright. She once again was very excited when I picked her up from school and told me all about her fun day. Friday was my sad day. This was the first day I dropped her off to go in by herself. The little kids helped her out of the car and she walked over to the sidewalk where she waited for them to walk her in, only now the kids don't get walked in like they did in preschool. So I pulled over to the side to make sure she made it in. She stood there for several minutes before she finally figured out to follow the other kids inside. It broke my heart to not be able to run up there and help her. So I sat in my car helpless as I watched her and knew how scared she was not knowing what to do. When I picked her up she told me all about how she didn't know what to do and she almost cried. But then she said she put on her brave face and followed the other kids inside. Let me tell you, it is so hard to let your babies grow up!!!So Monday morning I made sure she knew what to do when I dropped her off and went over each step about 10 times. And when I went to drop her off she did great and went straight inside. Much easier morning! And today is the first day she is buying her lunch in the school cafeteria so I can't wait to hear all about how that goes! I know I will look back on this and laugh at how excited I am to hear all about her buying her lunch for the first time!








No comments:
Post a Comment