Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My sweet little girl

I just wanted to mention on here something my sweet little girl did for me. Last week I worked Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in a row (I was supposed to be off Sunday but got called in). Well if you know me at all then you know I get about 4 hours of sleep each night I work. Well after working Sat. and Sun. I was already really tired (Chris had gone hunting so I didn't get to sleep in at all over the weekend). Monday Adriana was off school so we took Andrew to soccer then came home and ate lunch. After lunch I layed down with Joey and just got him to sleep when Andrew came in my room. I asked him if he wanted to lay down with me and he said yes. Well he was soon sound asleep at which time I also fell sound asleep (I normally don't fall asleep when I have any of my kids awake but this time I was just so tired I did). About an hour later Adriana woke me up and told me she had a surprise for me. I got up out of bed and walked into the kitchen and family room. She had cleaned up all the toys and put them away and wiped off everything. The house looked wonderful! Maybe I need to fall asleep more often ;-) Just kidding but I was very touched by her wonderful thoughfulness! She told me that she knew I was so tired and just wanted to help me out.......sniff, sniff! Now if she could just rub some of this off on her brothers we would be great!

2 comments:

jodi said...

What a neat story! That's a sweet little girl you've got there!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome daughter you have there! A testament to your great parenting!