Andrew started his first day of preschool on September 2. He has been so excited to start school since last year when we would go and drop Adriana off at school. We've been talking all about school for the past several weeks. Well the first day finally arrived. That morning he told me he was excited as we started getting ready for school. I think he was more excited than I was. We got all ready and drove to school. I walked him into the door and down the hallway to his big boy classroom. He started putting his bookbag on the rack right away (I guess he watched his sister do this many a times). His teacher showed him his nametag and off into the classroom he went. Adriana and I showed him around his classroom and showed him where the bathroom was so he wouldn't have any potty accidents. He was busy playing with the trucks and we finally got him to move. He didn't seem too interested in the bathroom and came back into the classroom to play at the sensory table. I told him that I was leaving and I would be back for him in a little bit. "Alright mom" was all I got out of him. I'm on the verge of tears and he could care less.
Well it finally came time to pick him up and we were one of the first cars in line so I could be one of the first to pick him up. As we were pulling up to get him I saw that he still had on the same clothes I dropped him off in (thats a good sign that he didn't have any potty accidents.) Ms. Gail, one of his teachers, was standing there with him as I stopped to pick him up. I asked her how he did today and she said he did awesome! I was so proud of my "big boy!" I asked him if he had fun at his new school and he said yes then I asked him if he wanted to go back and he said no! Well I guess we will have to work on that. I'm so proud of my big boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment