Each year at Adriana's school, each family has to do a family heritage project. It counts as 100% of their religion grade so it is very important to do. As with most Catholic projects, this is to be a family project. You can do anything from learning about Bible stories, to different saints, research prayers or make up your own, or help out others in need. There is so many different things to do. Last year we learned about the Bible story Jonah and the Whale and made our project about that. This year I wanted to do something more to help my children learn. I really wanted to do a family project with helping out others in need. First we were going to help our neighborhood with a new activity they started this year called neighbors helping neighbors. It is an opportunity to help others in the neighborhood who might be having a hard time. After talking to the family in charge of it, I found out that they were overwhelmed with people offering to help but not too many families needing the help. So I found out from my sister about a family who was in need of help and is too embarressed to ask for it. After talking to my sister, my family decided to adopt the family and help them out for Christmas. But us not having very much money ourselves, I suddenly felt overwhelmed and was worried about being able to help them out. So I decided to go to my wonderful playgroup friends and see if anyone would be willing to help out. I was almost in tears with how everyone responded and wanted to help this family out! This is the most amazing group of women I know and I'm so overjoyed with how much they were willing to give to this family! So far the group has gifted almost a truckload of things and this doesn't even include what is still to come!
Here is a picture of what was collected so far!

I know this family is going to be so happy and their three little kids will have a wonderful Christmas! I'm hoping its enough to get them back onto their feet and they will be able to put some money back into their savings account! So to all my very special playgroup friends.....I really do thank you from the bottom of my heart! We would have never been able to do this without each one of you!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment