Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cades Cove and finally the last of the pictures

Yeah! I'm finally down to my last set of pictures from our trip. I won't bore you with a lot of pictures that we took of the animals in Cades Cove. So I just chose one of the pictures of the deer. It shows you how close I got to it and it didn't even flinch. I probably could have walked up to it and hand feed it. I thinks its a really pretty picture, it almost doesn't look real but I promise I did take it :) After our drive through Cades Cove, Chris and I decided to take the kids on a hay ride back through the park. The kids thought this was so much fun! We counted 113 deer we saw as we drove back through, thats amazing! But no bears this time. We did see a coyote, but I wasn't able to get a picture of it in time.
On Friday we headed back out to Cades Cove to go horseback riding. On the way we did stop to see three bears. I believe it was a momma bear and two cubs. I really didn't even attempt to get that close to the bears. The pictures aren't that great of the bears but you can at least see two of them.Here we area getting ready to go horseback riding. Kids were supposed to be 6 years old, but since Adriana has been riding since she was 3 years old that went ahead and let her go. Heck, she could probably ride better than a lot of people anyway. And she did awesome. Her horse was a hungry one and kept walking off the trail to go eat but she did good keeping control of him and getting him back on the trail. I was a little worried at first but she rode him around like a pro. Heres a picture of her climbing up on her horse.And her sitting up on the horse.Here is Chris, Adriana, and I riding away on our horses. Our last tourist stop was another small waterfall and beautiful view. The picture hardly does it justice. But here it is anyway.And one last picture of Chris and I.Friday night Chris and I spent packing everyone up and getting our vehicle ready to leave the next day. So Maw Maw kept the kids entertained playing bingo with them.And so our vacation comes to an end. And sadly we head home for our 10 hour drive. But Maw Maw and Paw Paw made sure the kids left happy and gave them each a halloween goody bag. So we had a 10 hour drive with kids hyped up on chocolate.......thanks again Maw Maw and Paw Paw, we owe you big time!!!!! That was probably the longest drive of my life!!!!!:) Here is a picture of Andrew devouring his chocolate:

No comments: