My heart was broken early this morning when I was awoke by news that a friend and co-worker was killed during the night. Mike King, who I worked with for several years in University City was executed while sitting in his patrol car. A soul less, selfish bastard walked up to Mike who was simply sitting in his patrol car and just started shooting at him until Mike was killed then cowardly drove off. I'm having a really hard time understanding why someone can be that ignorant to human life and just kill someone like that. Mike was the kind of friend that put everyone else needs ahead of his own. He was a great officer and took his job very seriously. He loved being a police officer and it always showed in his work. We would always joke with him about being so serious, but that was just Mike. No matter if it was a missing dog call or a shooting, every call was important to him and would make us take it very serious as well. I regret not telling him how much he meant to me and what a great friend he was. I sit here wondering if he knew how much we all respected him even though we often joked with him. My heart also breaks for Susan as she recieved the worst news of her life last night. I pray that she finds the strength to get through this as well as the rest of the family that loved Mike so much. What is the world coming to that people no longer have respect for life and can just kill someone for no reason. I'm just so angry and wish I could find answers for why this had to happen. I know Mike is in a better place, somewhere where he no longer has to watch his back all the time and see all the negatives the world can bring. He is peaceful now and in a place where he no longer sees the bad but only happy things.
I have a picture of Mike and Susan from my wedding reception that I will try to scan and post as a memory of a great man! You are always loved Mike and I will pray for Susan and the rest of your family.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment