Over the weekend Chris and I took the kids pecan picking at great grandma and grandpa Weber's house. This was actually my first time pecan picking and I was actually thinking that you picked the pecans off of trees. Well we got out there and I looked up at the huge trees and asked how the heck I'm supposed to get the pecans down from there. Then I was informed that the pecans were actually already off the tree and on the ground, we just had to pick them up.....that makes much more sense :) So I had the easy job of holding Joey so he wouldn't eat the pecans or dirt and I put the others to work. The kids loved this and Adriana was racing PePaw to see who could fill up their buckets faster. Well Adriana had help from Daddy and MeMaw so of course she won. It was a fun time!
Here is Andrew picking up some pecans. Obviously from the size of his bucket he was doing good at it.

Adriana picking her pecans.

Even Daddy was hard at work!

Andrew was doing great until Great Grandpa started up the tractor then we lost him. Here is Andrew sitting on the tractor, boy was he in heaven!

So we had a great time picking pecans and I now have a big bucket full of them. So I will look forward to doing this again next year without the element of surprise of not knowing what I'm doing! Thanks again Great grandma and grandpa Weber!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment