Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Field trip to butterfly house!

At the beginning of the school year each kindergartner was matched up with a seventh grade buddy. This buddy helped them through their first few weeks of going to Mass along with many other things. Adriana's buddy was Kaitlyn who was an awesome buddy to Adriana. She has helped Adriana adapt to school in so many ways and I know Adriana just adores Kaitlyn. Well at the end of the school year the kids get to go on a field trip with their big buddies. This year it was a trip to the butterfly house. Adriana has been looking forward to this for weeks. She also got a second buddy, Emily, since one of the other kindergartners had to leave school a few weeks ago. Emily is just as sweet as Kaitlyn!
So we headed out with our buddies to the butterfly house. This was the easiest field trip I have been a chaperon for. The older kids took great care of their little buddies and left little for us parents to do.
Here is the group in front of the butterfly house. Adriana is in there somewhere. (Oh I must add that I had to take my crappy camera with me because it was raining and I was afraid of my other camera getting ruined so I apologize for the crappy pictures).

Adriana and her buddy Kaitlyn (on the left) and Emily (on the right).

Adriana and her buddies on the carousel.

Under the bugs!

What awesome buddies she was blessed with!

And another group picture on the caterpillar. I think Adriana is somewhere on top of the Caterpillar on the left side.

It did rain for a bit in the morning, but ended up turning out to be a great day! It was so fun to watch the older kids interact with the littler ones. We also got so many compliments from people about what a great group of kids we had. It makes a momma feel good to hear that and they really are a great group! We really are blessed to be able to go to such a wonderful school!

No comments: