Friday, May 27, 2011
Adriana and a select soccer team!
So Adriana has been asked to play for a select soccer team that 4 coaches are putting together. Yes, I am extremely excited for her but I have my fears too. Up to this point, Adriana has LOVED the game and yes she is really good at it. But I am afraid that her love for the game is going to turn to a hate for it because of how hard it is going to get. They will have two practices a week and one to two games a week. That is a lot of soccer each week and its year round. She is also used to winning most of her games because they play recreational teams and now she will be playing against all select teams and its going to get really tough. I have explained all of this to her and she says she is alright with it. Chris, of course, is overjoyed about it and can't wait for her to start. The coaches are also excited that Adriana will be part of their team. So I decided I would let her try it out and I told Chris that the first sight of her getting burned out we would let her take a session off for a break and see from there. I think this is just a lot for this young and I really wish they wouldn't start select teams until at least middle school. These girls are all only 7 years old! So anyway, Adriana will be playing on a select soccer team now and I will post pictures as soon as it gets started. Don't get me wrong with this post, I really am extremely excited that she was asked. Adriana has really become a great little athlete and loves playing all the sports. She really is blessed with her athletic skills!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment